Wednesday

Introduction



What's in a kitchen? Let's see, you have an oven, a microwave, a stove, a refigerator, a pantry. You have your dishes, pots, pans, glasses, and a mismatched array of silverware and casseroles dishes that you just forgot to return. (We are all guilty of keeping the porcelain dish that once had that really good cheese dip your neighbor made last year). In a kitchen there are ingredients, measuring cups, measuring spoons, and years gone by of your failed attempts of those recipes that you couldn't get just right. Yes these are all things that bring together your kitchen, but we are missing something in this kitchen; you.



Yes, we all have our failures but we have our victories as well. For as many failures as we have, it seems the few victories that we do have seem to outweigh the failures. In my journey through cooking, between defining the failures and the victories, I have decided to bring the world a blog that will guide everyone through the challenges in the kitchen; with no strings attached. I will show my successful dishes, along with those not so successful.



This Saturday, I will be making a french dish called: Coq au vin.



Coq au vin (Rooster to Wine) is all in the name. A rooster cooked in wine. Since I cannot find a rooster, the
recipe I am using calls for a capon, or a large chicken. This chicken will first be browned, then cooked in a sauce made of marsala wine, pinot noir, mushrooms, tomato paste, and cipollini onions. I will attempt to make it look like the picture given on the recipe at www.foodnetwork.com.



If I am feeling really crazy, then I will also make some fried kreplach for an appetizer. I will serve the fried kreplach with apple sauce and sour cream.



Here's to Saturday!



-Sarah

2 comments:

  1. Sarah is a wonderful little "chef-to-be"! I should know...I am her mom. She creates delectable dishes with so much enthusiasm. Every creation to date has put a smile on my face, a warmth in my heart, and...unfortunately...a few extra pounds around the "mid-section". Watch out, Emeril! Can't wait for her adaptation of Coq au Vin tonight. Yummy yummy! Love you baby girl!!!

    ReplyDelete